Follow the instructions and deliver the right goods to the right houses:
Lesson plans, information and activities:"Cultural racism is racism that is so much a part of the mainstream culture that it looks 'normal.' It outlives any single individual and pervades the thinking, speech, and actions of whole groups of people. In the English language, for example, many of our positive definitions and connotations of the word white and negative connotations of the word black reinforce notions of white superiority and black inferiority." Source: Burgest, 1973, cited in Frances Kendall, Diversity in the Classroom, 1996)
When the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered in April 1968, Jane Elliott taught her third-grade class a daring lesson in discrimination. The third time she taught the lesson, cameras were present. Elliott divides her class into two groups — those with blue eyes and those with brown eyes — and discriminates against those with brown eyes.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/
You can find this video and exercises about it plus some fill-in-the-gaps texts for studying verb tenses here:
Find this and other verb tenses exercises in English Exercises .org
Learn about the history of the English language with this wonderful site and its activities:
- Do you like the rain? What kind? Why?
- Do you think it can be romantic?
- Are you afraid of storms?
- How many of the films in this video can you name? Write down the titles of as many as you can.
- How many of them have you seen?
- Did you like them? Why?
- Do you know the name of any of the actors?
- Can you name any other films where there is rain?
- Write a review of at least one of the films.
1) Great Expectations: Finnegan (Ethan Hawke) and Estella (Gwyneth Paltrow)
2) Sliding Doors: Helen (Gwyneth Paltrow) and James (John Hannah)
3) Pride and Prejudice: Mr. Darcy (Mathew Macfadyen) and Elizabeth Bennet (Keira Knightley)
4) Cold Mountain: Ada (Nicole Kidman) and Inman (Jude Law)
5) Spiderman: Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) and Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst)
6) Sweet Home Alabama: Melanie (Reese Witherspoon) and Jake (Josh Lucas)
7) Northanger Abbey: Catherine Morland (Felicity Jones) and Henry Tilney (JJ Field)
8) The Incredible Hulk: Bruce (Edward Norton) and Betty (Liv Tyler)
9) Elizabethtown: Drew (Orlando Bloom) and Claire (Kirsten Dunst)
10) Say Anything: Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack)
11) The Quiet Man: Sean (John Wayne) and Mary Kate (Maureen O'Hara)
12) Singin in the Rain: Don (Gene Kelly) and Kathy (Debbie Reynolds)
13) Breakfast at Tiffany's: Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) and Paul 'Fred' (George Peppard)
14) Waterloo Bridge: Myra (Vivien Leigh) and Roy (Robert Taylor)
15) Cinema Paradiso
16) Bride and Prejudice: Lalita (Aishwarya Rai) and William Darcy (Martin Henderson)
17) Daredevil: Matt (Ben Affleck) and Elektra (Jennifer Garner)
18) The Notebook: Noah (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel McAdams)
19) Four Weddings and Funeral: Charles (Hugh Grant) and Carrie (Andie MacDowell)
20) Dear John: John (Channing Tatum) and Savannah (Amanda Seyfried)
21) Something New: Kenya (Sanaa Lathan) and Brian (Simon Baker)
22) The Sure Thing: John Cusack and Daphne Zuniga
23) Beyond Borders: Sarah (Angeline Jolie) and Nick (Clive Owen)
24) Mary Bryant: Mary (Romola Garai) and Will (Alex O'Loughlin)
25) First Knight: Lancelot (Richard Gere) and Guinevere (Julia Ormond)
26) Wives and Daughters: Molly (Justine Waddell) and Roger (Anthony Howell)
27) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth (Keira Knightley); Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp)
28) Ever After: Danielle (Drew Barrymore) and Henry ( Dougray Scott)
29) Sense and Sensibility '95: Marianne Dashwood (Kate Winslet) and John Willoughby (Greg Wise)
30) Sense and Sensibility 08: Marianne (Charity Wakefield) and Willoughby (Dominic Cooper); Colonel Brandon (David Morrissey)
31) Moulin Rouge: Christian (Ewan McGregor) and Satine (Nicole Kidman)
32) Casanova: Casanova (Heath Ledger) and Francesca (Sienna Miller)
33) Mansfield Park: Fanny Price (Frances O'Connor) and Edmund Bertram (Jonny Lee Miller)
34) Cast Away: Chuck (Tom Hanks) and Kelly (Helen Hunt)
35) Mamma Mia: Donna (Meryl Streep) and Sam (Pierce Brosnan); Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) and Sky (Dominic Cooper)
36) Nights in Rodanthe: Adrienne (Diane Lane) and Paul (Richard Gere)
37) Australia: Sarah (Nicole Kidman) and Drover (Hugh Jackman)
38) Enchanted: Giselle (Amy Adams) and Robert (Patrick Dempsey)
39) Love Affair: Mike (Warren Beatty)
40) In the Land of Women: Carter (Adam Brody) and Sarah (Meg Ryan)
41) Garden State: Andrew (Zach Braff) and Sam (Natalie Portman) 42) Jane Eyre: Jane (Ruth Wilson) and Mr. Edward Rochester (Toby Stephens)
Great Expectations - Burlington Activity Series
Listening and Activities.
Listening and Activities.
A horrible monster has locked the princess up in a tower. Can anybody rescue her?